- Gokshura is a wonderful healing plant. This wonder drug has a wider range of properties with systemic benefits to kidneys, reproductive system, the heart etc.
- Gokshura is a medicine used ages before the alternative system of medicine especially in ayurvedic science. This is also widely used in Chinese traditional medicine.
- It is effective in promoting muscle strength and is also an anti oxidant so very popular among body builders.
- Scientifically it is called Tribulus terrestris tree. In ayurveda it is the best medicine for kidneys.
- Like said earlier, it is used among body builders, as it can produce energy and vitality. It promotes muscle strength and body composition.
In urinary system:
- Best herb to normalize the functions of urine. Promotes free flow of urine. Cools and soothen the membrane of this urinary tract, cleanses and strengthens the urinary system organs – kidneys, urinary bladder, gall bladder etc.
- Cures kidney and gall bladder stones. Treats painful urinatrox (dyeuria), haematuria ( bleeding with urine), nephritis.
- Used in different ailments of the reproductive system especially male reproductive system.
- Enhances energy and boosts vitality and libido. Promotes sperm production and ovulation.
- Given in male impotency and low sperm count. Can improve the quality of sperm.
- Cures spermaturia. Improves the synthesis of male sex hormones. Also good for hypertrophy of prostate gland in males.
- Good for erectile dysfunctions – helps in strengthening the penile tissue and enhances penile erector.
Acts as an aphrodisiac
- Stimulates the sexual power in men. Increase the sexual drive and libido in men.
- Present as an ingredient in herbal formulas which is used to increase sexual drive in men.
For female reproductive system
- Used to calm down premenstrual syndromes and reduce the symptoms of menopause.
- In PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome) – it helps to reduce the size of cyst and strengthens the body muscles.
For reducing weight
- Since a natural diuretic herb, it increases the strength for exercising. This has a tremendous ability of anti-obesity action.
For the heart
- It is a good tonic for the heart. It increases the activity of heart. Helps to lower the blood pressure and high cholesterol level.
- It helps to reduce the tendency of separated urination in UTI, cystitis and diabetes.
For respiratory system
- Helps to control wheezing, cough and other respiratory disorders.
For the eyes
- It is found in many herbal formulae used to treat headache, vision problems, eye clearangements, conjunctivitis etc.